Sonatas 1-12. Composed by Leopold Kozeluch (1747-1818). Edited by Christopher Hogwood. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Leopold Kozeluch. Complete Sonatas for Keyboard I. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09511. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09511).
Item Number: BA.BA09511
ISBN 9790260105010. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: English/Czech/German. Preface: Christopher Hogwood.
As the foremost representative of Czech music in 18th century Vienna, LeopoldKozeluch(1747-1818) was noted primarily as composer, pianist and keyboard teacher. His 50 keyboard sonatas cover his entire career and mark not only the transition from the harpsichord and clavichord manner to the fully idiomatic forte-piano style, but also the development of the"classical sonata"which spanned several decades (from 1773 to 1809).
Until now, pianists have had little chance to acquaint themselves with the complete range of Kozeluch's sonatas since few existed in modern editions. For the first time this new complete edition by Christopher Hogwood presents all sonatas for keyboard solo. There will be four volumes in total and the works will be presented chronologically. Volume IV also contains those sonatas which are found only in manuscript sources.
- The first complete edition of all keyboard sonatas by the Czech composer Leopold Kozeluch
- Fills a gap in the repertoire of the Czech and Central-European classical repertoire
- Suitable for amateurs as well as professionals; ideal for teaching purposes
- Includes a detailed introduction (Eng/Cz/Ger), critical commentary (Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding