Solo piano (or harpsichord) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Embellished Version. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Alfred Durr. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Baroque. Collection. With introductory text (does not include words to the songs). BWV 812-817. 64 pages. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA5166).
Item Number: BA.BA5166
ISBN 9790006466207. 9x12 inches.
The present volume contains Bach's six French Suites in ther later embellished form. It must be remembered, however, that the printed ornaments are not as authoritative as the musical text itself, therefore it is up to the modern interpreter to choose the ornamentation that suits him or her best.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.