Solo voices, choir, orchestra (3 soprano voice solos, mezzo-soprano voice solo, tenor voice solo, baritone voice solo, 2 bass voice solos, mixed choir, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, trombone, timpani, strings)
Opera in three acts. Composed by Christoph Willibald von Gluck (1714-1787). Edited by Marius Flothuis. This edition: complete edition, urtext edition. Linen. Christoph Willibald Gluck. Complete Works. Series I, Volume 5. Paris version of 1774. Score. Duration 2 hours, 30 minutes. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA2301).
Item Number: BA.BA2301
ISBN 9790006419876. 33.8 x 26.6 cm inches. Language: French/German. Translation: Adolf Krucke. Text: Marie Francois Louis Gand Bailli Du Roullet dit Le Blanc.
Edition in 2 volumes.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source descrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding