Keyboard and Organ Works from Copied Sources / Toccatas. Composed by Johann Jakob Froberger (1616-1667). Edited by Siegbert Rampe. This edition: complete edition, urtext edition. Paperback. Johann Jacob Froberger: New Edition of the Complete Works, Volume V.1. Anthology, performance score. 76 pages. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA9211).
Item Number: BA.BA9211
ISBN 9790006521111. 24 x 30.5 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Siegbert Rampe.
Johann Jacob Froberger (1617-1667) was a composer of considerable significance during his lifetime, his compositional style representing a synthesis of Italian, French and English influences. Increasingly, musicians and scholars are growing aware of Froberger's importance for keyboard music of the 17th century, an importance comparable to that of Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck.Each volume of the complete edition of Froberger's organ and keyboard music is published in German and English with a critical commentary as well as a detailed foreword explaining the scope and subdivision of the edition and the editorial techniques. Also, information on performance practice, on instruments of the time and on ornamentation is included, as well as details on Froberger's biography.* Exemplary Urtext complete edition * Reflects current scholarship * Extensive explanatory notes (Eng/Ger).
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding