Keyboard - All levels
Third Edition. Composed by Edwin Mclean. Music Related Texts. The FJH Piano Teaching Library. Reference. Book. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FJH1149).
Item Number: FJ.FJH1149
A concise yet comprehensive reference guide for musicians, The FJH Classic Music Dictionary is both an accessible and carefully researched volume. Many individual entries
are cross-referenced to larger essay terms for increased contextual understanding.
The dictionary features:
* handy reference charts, including an index of musical symbols, tempo indications, a table of common chords, and an ornamentation chart
* the most complete, up-to-date dictionary reference for electronic music, covering digital music synthesis, MIDI, sequencing, and more
* a thorough guide to orchestral instruments, including descriptions, illustrations, ranges, and a listing of foreign names
* over 200 musical examples and illustrations
* a listing of over 530 composers from the 14th century to the present
* more than 1,500 foreign terms with pronunciations.