Piano 1 Piano, 4 Hands; Piano Duet (Piano, 4-hands) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480325 1 Piano, 4 Hands
. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Ernst-Gü and nter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: XI and 73. Classical. Softcover. 84 pages. G. Henle #HN325. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480325).
ISBN 9790201803258. UPC: 884088175207. 12.25x9.25x0.283 inches.
Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy knew that he could rely on his highly gifted sister Fanny as a partner in four-hand piano pieces. While he wrote only a few works of this sort, the two pieces presented here are superb examples of the genre. The Andante con variazioni, op. 83, presents a further development of his cycle of the same name for piano two-hands. The Duet – Andante and Allegro assai vivace – was formerly known as the Allegro brilliant op. 92. This latter, however, is only the first version of the work, from which the lovely slow introduction is still missing, Henle Verlag is now publishing Mendelssohn's complete and revised final version for the first time; the early version is also provided, in an appendix, for purposes of comparison.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.