Tvoices, piano (Low voice, Piano)
SKU: BA.BA09158 Low Voice (The Appendix includes Wasserflut, Rast, Mut und Der Leiermann in Schubert's original keys
. Composed by Franz Schubert. Edited by Walther Durr. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Low voice. Singing Score. Opus 89. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09158_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09158).
ISBN 9790006538768. 30 x 23 cm inches.
In spring 1827 Schubert performed the first part of his best-known song cycle ‘ Winterreise ’ for his friends for the first time. At this time he assumed that he had set all the texts belonging to the cycle to music. Only later did he come across the complete cycle of 24 songs in Müller’s volume ‘ Gedichte aus den hinterlassenen Papieren eines reisenden Waldhornisten ’ of 1824. As a result, he set the twelve further poems as a separate group, partly paraphrasing the songs in the first part and partly continuing them.
The appendices also contain four songs – “ Wasserflut ”, “ Rast ”, “ Mut ” and “ Der Leiermann ”– in Schubert’s original keys before they were transposed down a tone by him or his publisher Haslinger .
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding