Piano solo - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480014 Das Wohltemperierte Klavier - Urtext edition
. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach. Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 8. Baroque. Collection (paper bound). With standard notation, fingerings, introductory text, performance notes and thematic index (does not include words to the songs). G. Henle #HN14. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480014).
ISBN 9790201800141. UPC: 9790201800141. 9x12 inches.
The world-famous pianist Andras Schiff, a most familiar name to Bach fans on account of his complete recordings of Bach's piano works, has provided fingerings for both parts of the Well-Tempered Clavier. He discusses aspects of performance practice in a detailed preface. The basis for the musical text was Henle's revised edition of Part I published in 1997 and Yo Tomita's brand new revision of Part II (spring 2007). A detailed commentary rounds off the editions. Both parts of the Well-Tempered Clavier are also available as Henle Urtext editions without fingerings and as study editions.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 9-10.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.