Soloists, Double Choir, Orchestra (SATB / SATB) - Difficulty: medium-difficult
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach. Edited by Walter Heinz Bernstein. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Baroque and Sacred. Vocal score. With choral notation, piano reduction and introductory text. BWV 245. 270 pages. Duration 2 hours, 22 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05037_90. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05037-90).
ISBN 9790006462230. 7.5x10.5 inches. Text Language: English, German.
Passio secundum Johannem. Urtext of the New Bach Edition (Vocal Score and Chorus Parts English/German)
– BA 5037-90 replaces the previous vocal score. The article number remains unchanged
– The text appears in slightly larger type size and a clearly legible font
– The pagination has been adopted from the previous edition. This means that you can rehearse and perform this work with some singers using this new edition and some the old Bärenreiter edition
– This vocal score is fully compatible with all existing performance material (BA 5037)
– The new vocal score includes a revised piano reduction. It is based on the reliable Walter Heinz Bernstein piano reduction but has been revised and re-engraved, making it far easier to read and play
– A more exact spacing of underlaid words has been included in the vocal parts.