Piano solo (Piano solo) - Henle Level 7
SKU: HL.51480919 National Federation of Music Clubs 2014-2016 Selection
. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Ullrich Scheideler. Arranged by Hans-Martin Theopold. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Rec. LRSM since 2005: LRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended. Classical. Paperbound. 24 pages. G. Henle #HN919. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480919).
ISBN 9790201809199. UPC: 884088415952. 9.25x12.25x0.097 inches.
Ullrich Scheideler has edited one of Mendelssohn's most important and beautiful piano works, comparing it again with the sources. Henle Publishers is now issuing it in a revised edition with his comprehensive commentary. The sparkling bravura piece was called an “Etude” in the first version of 1828. Two years later Mendelssohn wanted to present the work to the young piano virtuoso Delphine von Schauroth, whom he was courting at the time. He reworked it under the new title “Rondo capriccioso,” making it even more brilliant and adding a “moving introductory adagio” (thus described in a letter to Fanny). In this form, the work still presents all good pianists with a rewarding challenge. To see other NFMC selections, click here.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)