Piano Solo (Piano Solo) - Henle Level 6-7
SKU: HL.51481213 Piano Solo
. Composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff. Edited by Dominik Rahmer and Marc-Andre Hamelin. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Fingering by Marc-Andre Hamelin. Classical, Russian. Paperbound. G. Henle #HN1213. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481213).
ISBN 9790201812137. UPC: 888680079727. 9.25x12.25x0.06 inches.
Amongst the pieces in Rachmaninoff's 24 Préludes there are three that are particularly popular. These are now all available as single editions: Having already published two “warhorses”, the Préludes in C- sharp minor (51481211) and G minor (51481212), Henle now publishes the Prélude in G-sharp minor, striking a quieter and more melancholy note. For their new editions of the Préludes, Henle was able to consult the autograph sources in the Glinka Archive in Moscow, enabling them to present these single editions in superb quality. The fingerings are by Marc-André Hamelin, one of the most outstanding pianists of our time and also an expert on late romantic Russian piano music.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)