Chamber Ensemble Cello, Piano, Violin, Piano Trio (Violin / Clarinet, Violoncello and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480024 National Federation of Music Clubs 2014-2016 Selection
. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven. Edited by Gunter Raphael. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical Period. Collection and set of performance parts (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes, bowings and fingerings. 229 pages. G. Henle #HN24. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480024).
ISBN 9790201800240. UPC: 9790201800240. 9x12 inches.
In the classical era, and far into the 19th century, piano trios were what we might call “fashion accessories.” It is thus no coincidence that Beethoven, following in the footsteps of Haydn and Mozart, took up this genre and created altogether 13 piano trios of his own. This first volume contains the three Piano Trios op. 1, the very first works of all which Beethoven deemed publishable and deserving of an opus number. This was followed by the Trio op. 11 for clarinet or violin, cello and piano (“Gassenhauer”). Beethoven drew a great deal of attention to himself when he presented the three Trios op. 1 to the public (including Joseph Haydn) probably in August 1795, at a soirée given by Prince Lichnowsky. They have remained precious exemplars of their genre to this day.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)