Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480146 Piano Solo
. Composed by Franz Schubert. Edited by Paul Mies. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical. Collection (softcover). With introductory text and performance notes. 163 pages. G. Henle #HN146. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480146).
ISBN 9790201801469. UPC: 9790201801469. 9x12 inches.
Schubert's 22 piano sonatas sketch a very illuminating pciture of the prematurely departed composer's compositional path. From the first essays of the gifted young 16- to 19-year old, one can trace a continuous development leading to the five great sonatas which he wrote in the years 1823 and 1826, and finally to the three masterworks written shortly before his death, which place him on a level with Beethoven as a composer of sonatas. Volume I of the three-volume Henle Urtext edition of Franz Schubert's piano sonatas contains seven sonatas from the two earlier periods as well, which all became known with opus numbers. Only two were published during Schubert's lifetime. The book opens with what is no doubt the best-known sonata of these two periods, the A-major Sonata D 664 op. post. 120. Given the length of time between the composition of each – 1817, 1823, 1825 – the works present a great diversity of forms and expression. Contents: Sonata in A Major, Op. post. 120, D 664 • Sonata in A minor, Op. 42, D 845 • Sonata in A minor, Op. post. 143, D 784 • Sonata in A minor, Op. post. 164, D 537 • Sonata in D Major, Op. 53, D 850 • Sonata in E-flat Major, Op. post. 122, D 568 • Sonata in B Major, Op. post. 147, D 575.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.