Soloists, Double Choir, Orchestra (SATB / SATB) - Difficulty: medium-difficult
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach. Edited by Alfred Durr. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Baroque and Sacred. Vocal score. With choral notation, piano reduction and introductory text. BWV 244. 304 pages. Duration 3 hours, 11 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05038_90. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05038-90).
ISBN 9790006462421. 7.5x10.5 inches. Text Language: German, English.
BA 5038-90 replaces the previous vocal score but retains its longstanding article number.
- The pagination has been adopted from the previous edition.
- This means that you can rehearse and perform this work with some singers using this new edition and some the old Bärenreiter edition.
- The vocal score is fully compatible with all existing performance material (BA 5038).
- The vocal score now contains a revised piano reduction. The reliable Alfred Dürr piano reduction has been maintained but it has been revised and uncluttered; it is now easier to read and to play.
- The text appears in slightly larger type size and a more legible font.
- A more exact placing of underlaid words has been included in the vocal parts.
- Apart from corrections, the musical text remains unchanged.
- The recommended retail price remains unchanged.