2 Mixed choir-SATB (Mixed choirs (SATB) (2))
Composed by Frank Martin. Edited by Antje Wissemann. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Revised Urtext edition of BA 5419. Choral score. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07594_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07594).
ISBN 9790006543052. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: Latin. Preface: Antje Wissemann.
Frank Martin's style of composition is characterized by elements of French Impressionism, modern tonality and expressive musical language. His double choir a cappella mass was composed between 1922 and 1926 but it was not performed until 1963 in Hamburg. It has been a great favourite with capable choirs since its first publication by Bärenreiter in 1972 (BA 5419). It can be performed equally well in the concert hall and the church.
This first ever Urtext edition is based on the autograph score as well as on previously disregarded preliminary studies. The preface and Critical Commentary provide an insight into the genesis and history of the work. The larger format ensures a clearly improved readability.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding