Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach. Edited by Adél Erényi and Michael Töpel. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score. 47 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05238_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05238).
ISBN 9790006521166. 31 x 24.3 cm inches.
Bach’s easiest preludes and fughettas have become a permanent feature of piano lessons. Unfortunately, almost all the well-known collections still contain a number of preludes whose authenticity has long been questioned and which are now known to be spurious. This collection takes the latest research findings into account and contains only those works firmly attributed to Bach. It reproduces the Urtext from the internationally definitive New Bach Edition, ideally selected for use in music lessons.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding