Hardcover Edition Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480220 Piano Solo
. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach. Edited by Georg Von Dadelsen, Klaus Rö, and nnau. Sheet Music. Clothbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: 143. Classical. Hardcover. 152 pages. G. Henle #HN220. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480220).
ISBN 9790201802206. UPC: 884088174194. 9.25x12.25x0.363 inches.
In contrast to the large collections of partitas, along with the French and English Suites, Bach's Fantasies and his preludes and fugues besides the Well-Tempered Clavier have not come down to us as interconnected cycles. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why only few of these works gained widespread popularity. Only the much-acclaimed Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue BWV 903/903a and the great C-minor Fantasy BWV 919 have found a permanent place in pianists' concert repertoires.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.