Piano - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480462 Piano Solo
. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Rudolf Elvers. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VI and 16. Classical. Softcover. 28 pages. G. Henle #HN462. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480462).
UPC: 884088176556. 9.25x12.25x0.1 inches.
Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, on his return journey from Scotland in late summer 1829, spent a few sublimely beautiful days with the Taylor family in Wales. The “Trois Fantasies ou Caprices op. 16” for piano that he wrote there were originally to have been called “Erinnerugen” (or memories), since each was dedicated to one of the three daughters of this English family. The hand-signed autographs are extant, and – along with several other manuscripts and first editions – serve as the basis for this Urtext edition. The extensive preface, which includes quotations from the composer's letters, lets the reader glimpse the magical atmosphere of the Welsh sojourn, and convey how a “troika of melodious, rich and not overly difficult treasures came to be written”, as the music trade press has written concerning Henle's edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.