Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480485 Piano Solo
. Composed by Wilhelm Friedemann Bach. Edited by Andreas Bö and hnert. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: IX and 31. Classical. Softcover. 40 pages. G. Henle #HN485. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480485).
ISBN 9790201804859. UPC: 884088176785. 9.25x12.25x0.113 inches.
The polonaise was a fashionable dance form not only in Chopin and Liszt's time, for Johann Sebastian Bach's son Wilhelm Friedemann had already brought this Polish national dance to a high-point. His twelve Polonaises were so popular in his time that they survive in numerous manuscripts, meaning that today's pianists can enjoy these most successful of W.F. Bach's piano compositions. Colorful and effective, they ascend stepwise through the keys, with a polonaise in the major and one in the minor juxtaposed in each case. The pieces are sensitive and expressive, and Bach is clearly setting off along the path to the character piece with these Polonaises. He probably played them on the clavichord, the delicate and favoured instrument of this time of sensibility.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.