- Big and Easy (169)
- Belwin Pop Young Band (120)
- Belwin Beginning Band (112)
- Belwin Young Band Series (92)
- Belwin Pop Beginning Band (85)
- Instrumental Ensembles for All (72)
- First Year Charts for Jazz Ensemble (56)
- Belwin Beginning String Orchestra (34)
- Belwin Intermediate Full/String Orchestra (33)
- Belwin Pop Intermediate String Orchestra (25)
- Belwin Concert Band (24)
- Belwin Pop Beginning String Orchestra (17)
- Belwin Very Beginning Band (17)
- Orchestra Expressions (15)
- Festival Music (12)
- Belwin Very Beginning String Orchestra (12)
- Belwin Intermediate String Orchestra (7)
- Music from Star Wars (6)
- Belwin Pop Intermediate Full Orchestra (5)
- Belwin Pop Concert Band (4)
About Michael Story
Michael Story has written extensively for college, high school, junior high school, and elementary school bands as well as for professional groups including the Houston Pops Orchestra. Adept at writing for all levels, he is most known for his numerous publications for young or developing concert and marching bands.
Mr. Story holds bachelor and master degrees in Music Education from the University of Houston, where he served as assistant director of the UH Cougar Marching Band under the leadership of Dr. William Moffit. His first piece was published by Studio P/R of Lebanon, Indiana when he was only 20 years old. Mr. Story has been an exclusive writer for Columbia Pictures Publications, CPP/Belwin, and Warner Bros. Publications. Currently a full-time writer with Alfred Music Publishing, he has over 1,200 compositions and arrangements published for concert band, marching band, jazz ensemble, and orchestra, as well as numerous solo and ensemble collections. Many of his concert band pieces can be found on numerous required state music lists, and his Big & Easy Marching Band Series has been an industry leader for over 30 years.
Michael has been a contributing arranger and composer for numerous band methods, including the First Division Band Course, the Medalist Band Course, and the 21st Century Band Method. He is also a chief music arranger for the Expressions Music Curriculum, the first-ever comprehensive K-12 music program, as well as a composer/arranger/author for its band component, Band Expressions. Mr. Story also serves as Editor/Producer for Marching Band Publications with Alfred, a position he also held at Warner Bros. Publications from 2000-2005.