There are currently no items in your cart.
You Can Teach Yourself Piano composed by L. Dean Bye & Matt Dennis. For Piano. Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Beginning. Book/DVD Set. 124 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94302DP).
ISBN 9780786667864. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
You Can Teach Yourself Piano is a revolutionary concept in piano instruction. No other piano method comes close to matching this book's scope in teaching not only basic music reading skills, but also the essential technique and theory for playing in all contemporary keyboard styles. Central to the philosophy of the You Can Teach Yourself series, this beginner's book is written to give the serious adult student a solid foundation while studying on their own without the advantage of having a private teacher; it will show you all you need to know to get an authoritative start on the instrument, presenting technical and theoretical concepts as needed while offering carefully graded, challenging material to hold your interest. In addition to the incalculable assets of ear training and development of taste in modern harmony, upon completion of this method the student will be fully prepared to handle the demands of modern piano music. This package includes the companion DVD which accompanies and teaches many of the concepts in the book.
- BEGINNING FUNDAMENTALS
- MUSICAL REFRESHER NO. 1
- LET'S PLAY THE PIANO (The Key of C Major)
- A SIMPLE MELODY (A 16-Measure Piece)
- SOFTLY, THE WIND (A Folk Song-Styled Melody)
- MUSICAL REFRESHER NO. 2
- A NEW POSITION FOR THE LEFT HAND
- THE LINES, SPACES AND NOTES
- Three Pieces Of Eight
- THE INTERVAL
- FIVE EXERCISES IN RHYTHM
- THE SHARP, FLAT AND THE NATURAL
- COME FOLLOW ME (A Smooth Piece in 3/4 Time)
- CIRCUS PARADE (A March-The Key of G Major)
- WINGS OF LOVE (A Waltz Piece)
- Funny Little Tune
- WHEN YOU SMILE AT ME (The Key of F Major)
- A FRENCH DANCE (Early French Bourree)
- The Dotted Quarter Note
- Song Of Faith
- FEELIN' GOOD (A Popular-Styled Waltz Piece)
- MUSICAL REFRESHER NO. 3 (Final Quiz)
- Little Dutch Girl
- Nice To Know Ya!
- THE MAJOR SCALE PATTERN
- FINGER FLEXIBILITY
- THE TRIAD (The Major Triad)
- 6/8 Time
- Sound The Call To Sea
- THEME FOR "RIGHTY"
- (Outer Ledger Lines for R.H.)
- Denizens Of The Deep
- (Outer Ledger Lines for L.H.)
- THEME FOR "LEFTY"
- (Inner Ledger Lines for L.H.)
- Ridin' In On A Wave
- (Inner Ledger Lines for R.H.)
- WISH ME LOVE (Piece Introducing the Triplet)
- THE I, IV & V CHORDS
- A Chord In Search Of A Melody
- SALUTE THE MAJOR (Key of Bb)
- Original Blues In Bb
- THE RACE IS ON (A Lively Piece with 16th Notes)
- Turkey In The Strauss
- (Piece in the Key of D Major)
- PANORAMA (Piece with New Chords)
- SYNCOPATION (A Rhythm Study)
- Lonesome Mornin' Blues
- NICKELODEON RAG
- Along Came Jazz
- Just The Way You Look
- (Example: The Popular Song)
- TOGETHERNESS (Smooth Piece in Syncopation)
- WHISTLIN' IN THE PARK (Dotted 8th & 16ths)
- Boogie Woogie On The Blues
- THE DOMINANT SEVENTH CHORD (V7)
- THE FIVE-SEVEN BLUES (V7)
- THE DREAM (Piece in the Key of Eb Major)
- MESSENGER OF LOVE (Spiritual Piece)
- POLKA DOT POLKA (Key of A Major)
- SIGHT READING POPULAR MUSIC:
- VOICE LINES
- One Fine Day
- THE MINOR KEY
- THE MINOR KEY CHORDS
- ALBERT'S GHOST (Piece in Key of A Minor)
- WHERE? (Typical Pop Piece)
- INTO THE SUNSET (Country-Western)
- INSPIRATION (The Piano Theme)
- SUMMER SCHOOL IN OXNARD (Pop-Rock)
- FEELING THE CHORDS
- (The Major Chords with Exercises)
- (The Minor Key Chords-Exercises)
- New Sound In Town
- (Piece with Contemporary Chords)
- Little Jazz
- (A Challenging Study in New Chord Harmonies)
- CHORD SYMBOL EXPLANATION
- OF LITTLE JAZZ
- SHORT MUSICAL DICTIONARY
You Can Teach Yourself Piano
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
You Can Teach Yourself Piano
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Series: You Can Teach Yourself