You Can Teach Yourself Mandolin
Mandolin - Beginning
Composed by Dix Bruce. Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Book/CD Set. 104 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94331BCD).
Item Number: MB.94331BCD
ISBN 9780786647101. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Another great "Teach Yourself" book with "play-along" examples to help you get started. You'll learn all about accompanying yourself and others, common chords and useful strums, reading simple melodies, playing a colorful assortment of mandolin folk songs, and much more. In notation and tablature. The CD is in split-track format and features each song played at both slow and normal tempos!
- The Cruel War (1:59) Performed by Dix Bruce
- Streets Of Laredo (1:30)
- Take A Drink On Me (:55) Performed by Dix Bruce
- John B. Sails (1:04)
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (1:10) Performed by Dix Bruce
- The Cuckoo (1:16) Performed by Dix Bruce
- Stringin' (:45) Performed by Dix Bruce
- Sportin' Life (2:51)
- Hush Little Baby (1:06)
- Kumbaya (1:04)
- No Name Rag (1:17)
- All Through The Night (1:24)
- Fair And Tender Ladies (1:31)
- Nine Pound Hammer (1:27)
- I Ride An Old Paint (1:09)
- Careless Love (1:18)
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands (1:37)
- Sally Goodin (1:06)