There are currently no items in your cart.
You Can Teach Yourself Hammered Dulcimer composed by Madeline Macneil. For Dulcimer (Hammered). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Beginning. Book/DVD Set. 88 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95440DP).
ISBN 9780786667833. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Another great beginner's book from Madeline MacNeil, explaining every aspect of playing the hammered dulcimer. From detailed discussions on dulcimer layout, hammers, tuning, and stands to extensive performance notes on every tune-this book provides a wealth of information for all students of the hammered dulcimer. From Oh Suzanna to Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Madeline shows the novice dulcimer player how to "map your way through" a new piece of music, finding clear, musical directions through what at first must seem like a maze of strings. All tunes are in standard notation. The book's 87 pages are illustrated with photos as well as quaint woodcuts, engravings, and pen and ink drawings. The companion 85-minute DVD video contains essential basic information on playing the hammered dulcimer--such as tuning, major and minor keys, duplicated notes, repeated notes, modulations, walking bass lines, chromatic notes, drone harmony, back-up chords, interval harmony, and more! Also contains Madeline MacNeil's hammered dulcimer solos on 25 tunes.
- BOOK CONTENTS:
- About the Author
- Dulcimer Layout or: Where The Notes Are
- Marked Bridges
- Tuning Your Dulcimer
- The Dulcimer Stand
- Playing In Comfort
- Playing In Rhythm: Counting Off
- Playing Tunes
- Alternating Hammers
- Hammering Patterns
- Are You Sleeping?
- Duplicated Notes On The Dulcimer
- Mapping Your Way Through "O Susanna"
- O Susanna
- Exploring Four Keys
- Hammering Exercises In The Key Of G .
- Hammering Exercises In The Key Of D .
- Learning Scales And String Courses
- Learning More Notes In The Key Of D .
- Practice Tune: Golden Slippers
- Duplicated Notes And Repeated Hammers
- Home on the Range
- More Hammering Patterns
- Arkansas Traveler
- Vertical And Horizontal Moves, Repeat Signs
- Hornpipes, Transitional Notes, And Another Repeat
- Harvest Home
- A Useful Note On The Bass Bridge
- Annie Laurie
- Practice Tune: No Place Like Home
- Intervals: Exercises
- Playing A Tune Using Interval Harmonies
- Deck the Halls
- Back-Up Chords
- Playing Chords By Shapes
- Learning Chords
- Chord Arpeggios
- Auld Lang Syne
- F On the Bass Bridge, Bounces, Rolls, Fermatas.
- My Own House
- Triplets And More Interval Harmony Playing
- The Lark In The Clear Air
- Horizontal Bass Bridge/Treble Bridge Moves
- Amazing Grace
- Review: Hornpipes, Triplets, Transitional Notes.
- Off To California
- Drone Harmony
- Soldier's Joy
- Minor Keys
- The Parting Glass
- Star of the County Down
- Practice Tune: Simple Gifts
- Flop-Eared Mule
- Musical Form And Another Modulation
- Over The Waterfall
- Another Modulation And 3rd Interval Harmony
- The Ash Grove
- O'Carolan, Planxties, Walking Harmony Bass Line
- Planxty Fanny Po'er
- The Key Of A, Adapting Music To The Dulcimer, Jigs
- The Hundred Pipers
- Santa Lucia
- Playing Music With Style
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
- In Closing
- DVD CONTENTS:
- Exploring the Hammered Dulcimer
- Tuning the Hammered Dulcimer
- The Key of G Area
- The Key of D Area
- The Key of C Area
- Alternating & Repeating Hammers
- Are You Sleeping
- Learning Notes on the Dulcimer
- Golden Slippers
- More Duplicated Notes
- Playing Vertically and Horizontally
- Interval Harmony
- Oh My Darling Clementine
- More Chords
- Different Note Orders
- Triplets & More Interval Harmony
- Minor Key Areas
- Walking Bass Line
- Chromatic Notes
You Can Teach Yourself Hammered Dulcimer
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
You Can Teach Yourself Hammered Dulcimer
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Hammered Dulcimer Sheet Music
Series: You Can Teach Yourself