There are currently no items in your cart.
You Can Teach Yourself Hammered Dulcimer composed by Madeline Macneil. For Dulcimer (Hammered). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Beginning. Book. 88 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95440).
ISBN 9780786604562. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Every aspect of the hammered dulcimer and its playing techniques is covered in this comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand text. A masterful teacher, Madeline MacNeil exceeds the expectations of a beginner's book, providing a firm foundation for the development of a total musician while maintaining an engaging, informal tone throughout. With detailed discussions on dulcimer layout, hammers, tuning, and stands plus extensive performance notes on every tune, this book is a valuable asset to the beginning through intermediate player. From Oh Suzanna to Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Madeline shows the novice dulcimer player how to "map your way through" a new piece of music, finding clear, musical directions through what at first must seem like a maze of strings. All tunes are in standard notation. The book's 87 pages are illustrated with photos as well as quaint woodcuts, engravings, and pen and ink drawings.
- The Parting Glass Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Arkansas Traveler
- Harvest Home
- My Own House
- The Hundred Pipers Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- The Lark In The Clear Air Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- Amazing Grace
- Annie Laurie
- Golden Slippers
- Santa Lucia Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Star of the County Down Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Home on the Range
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Over The Waterfall
- Auld Lang Syne
- Deck the Halls
- Flop Eared Mule
- No Place Like Home
- Simple Gifts Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- The Ash Grove Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- O Susanna Performed by Stephen Foster
- Soldier's Joy Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Off To California
- Planxty Fanny Po'er Performed by Turlough O'carolan
You Can Teach Yourself Hammered Dulcimer
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
You Can Teach Yourself Hammered Dulcimer
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Hammered Dulcimer Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: You Can Teach Yourself