There are currently no items in your cart.
You Can Teach Yourself Fiddling composed by Craig Duncan. For Fiddle. Perfect binding, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Beginning. Book. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94430).
ISBN 9781562220037. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
With You Can Teach Yourself Fiddling, veteran Mel Bay author, Craig Duncan, has produced an excellent book for the beginning fiddler. Its 36 lessons teach basic techniques through specific exercises and traditional fiddle tunes. From holding the fiddle and bow correctly to playing moderately advanced tunes in double stops, Craig will guide you through each progressive step. Although it is not necessary to be able to read music at the start of this book, the author gradually introduces principles of effective note reading throughout. A unique feature of this book is that the same tune may appear in more than one lesson, increasing in difficulty with each recurrence. Each variation builds on the previous one and assists students in learning how to create their own arrangements. Even with some repetitions of the same tune, you'll find more than 50 popular fiddle tunes in the book's 80 pages. "Check points" and reviews keep you on track from cover to cover. The companion DVD/video covers the first 17 lessons from the book.
- Bile Them Cabbage Down
- Haste to the Wedding
- Arkansas Traveler
- Flop Eared Mule
- Going To Boston
- Over The Waterfall
- Rose Tree
- The Sandy River
- Fine Times At Our House
- Rubber Dolly
- Salt River
- Amazing Grace
- Fisher's Hornpipe
- Harvest Home
- Buffalo Gals
- Cotton Eyed Joe
- Miss Mcleod's Reel
- Mississippi Sawyer
- Scotland the Brave
- Shortnin' Bread
- St. Patrick's Day
- Irish Washerwoman
- Old Joe Clark
- The Road To Lisdoonvarna
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- Shady Grove
- Skip to My Lou
- Snowflake Reel
- The Girl I Left Behind Me
- Cripple Creek
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Ash Grove
- Chinky Pin Or Too Young To Marry
- Orange Blossom Shuffle
- Wildwood Flower
- Back Up And Push
- Swallow Tail Jig
- Up Jumped The Devil
- Si Bheag, Si Mhor (Sheebeg, Sheemore)
- Swinging On A Gate
- My Love She's But A Lassie
- Angeline The Baker
- Liza Jane
- Oh, Susanna
- The Cameron Highlanders
- Garry Owen
- Soldier's Joy
- Camptown Races
You Can Teach Yourself Fiddling
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
You Can Teach Yourself Fiddling
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: You Can Teach Yourself