There are currently no items in your cart.
You Can Teach Yourself Dulcimer composed by Madeline Macneil. For Dulcimer (Mountain). Perfect binding, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Beginning. Book/DVD Set. 100 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94304DP).
ISBN 9780786667789. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
In this book master dulcimer player Madeline MacNeil teaches beginning players tuning, scales, strumming, fingering, chord studies, alternate tunings, use of the capo, and how to use the "noter." She endorses both playing by ear and learning to read standard notation. In twelve intensive lessons, she explains everything from the basics to some very complex concepts in easily understood language, making this a particularly valuable book for the beginning instrumentalist. The lessons and songs are written in both standard notation and tablature. This package also includes the companion DVD video in which MacNeil demonstrates the techniques and songs taught in the book.
- Exploring the Dulcimer
- Dulcimer Problems
- Holding the Dulcimer
- Reading Tablature
- Picking and Strumming/Fingerstyle Playing
- Singing While You Play
- Tuning/Retuning and Why
- D A D Tuning
- Playing While Others Play
- Using a Noter
- Changing Strings
- Using a Capo
- DVD CONTENTS:
- Tuning the Dulcimer to DAA
- Exploring Strings & Notes on the Dulcimer
- Are You Sleeping?
- Boil That Cabbage Down
- Bass-String Harmony
- Middle-String Harmony
- Soldier's Joy
- Cripple Creek & John Brown's Dream
- Down in the Valley
- Ode to Joy with Bass-string Harmony
- Oh, Susanna
- Chord Shapes
- Ode to Joy with Three-Finger Chords
- Au Clair de la Lune
- Flop-Eared Mule
- Golden Slippers
- Ode to Joy with Finger Picking
- Simple Gifts
- Amazing Grace
- Back-up Chords
- She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain
- Home on the Range
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home
- Away in a Manger - Melody Version
- Away in a Manger - Accompaniment Version
- The Ash Grove - Melody Version
- The Ash Grove - Accompaniment Version
- Arkansas Traveler
- Minor Tuning: DAC
- Shady Grove
- DAD Tuning
- Goin' to Boston
- Dulcimer Capo
- Home on the Range (capo 3rd fret)
- When Johnny Come Marching Home (capo 1st fret)
- Harvest Home
- Hammer-Ons & Pull-Offs
- Country Gardens
- Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (Melody)
- Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (Accompaniment)
You Can Teach Yourself Dulcimer
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
You Can Teach Yourself Dulcimer
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Dulcimer Sheet Music
Series: You Can Teach Yourself