There are currently no items in your cart.
You Can Teach Yourself Accordion composed by Neil Griffin. For Accordion (Keyboard). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. You Can Teach Yourself. All Styles. Beginning. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.96605BCD).
ISBN 9780786648955. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A comprehensive method written especially for serious students learning the accordion without access to formal music lessons. Seasoned music educator and performer Neil Griffin guides the student through music reading fundamentals, correct posture and hand positions, use of the bellows, bass buttons, keyboard, and more. Music theory concepts are introduced as required by the generous selection of carefully graded exercises and pieces. Although this book covers concepts that apply to the 120-bass accordion, it only uses 54 buttons (covering 9 rows in easy keys). Illustrated with diagrams and photographs.
- Ode to Joy
- Are You From Dixie
- The British Grenadiers
- Polka, Polka Performed by Neil Griffin
- The God Of Abraham Praise
- Hungarian Dance #4
- Melancholy Baby
- Oom-Pah-Pah Waltz
- Pretty Fair Maid Jig
- Two Steppin' 'Cross Texas Performed by Neil Griffin
- Everybody Has Their Ups And Downs
- Washington And Lee Swing Performed by Neil Griffin
- Andante Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- El Caballo Bayo
- I Want A Girl, Just Like The Girl (That Married De
- Peg O' My Heart
- Amazing Grace
- El Capitan March Performed by John Philip Sousa
- For Me And My Gal
- Julida Polka
- Come Back To Sorrento
- Rick's Reel Performed by Neil Griffin
- French Song
- Rattle The Bottles Reel
- Sur Le Pont D'Avignon
- Skaters Waltz
- Lake Charles Waltz
- Wandering Performed by Neil Griffin
- I Love You Truly
- Children's Song
- Mexican Siesta Performed by Neil Griffin
- The Bells of St. Marys
- Deja Uu In G
- March Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Sweetheart Of Sigma Chi
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home Performed by Neil Griffin
You Can Teach Yourself Accordion
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
You Can Teach Yourself Accordion
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Accordion Sheet Music
Series: You Can Teach Yourself