SATB choir & organ/piano, with opt. soloists, congregation, & strings - Level B (easy)
A meditation based on the traditional Seven Last Words of Christ. Composed by Alan Bullard (1947-). Mixed Voices. Contemporary, Choral Works. Vocal score. 40 pages. Duration 28'. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193379893).
Item Number: OU.9780193379893
ISBN 9780193379893. 11 x 9 inches.
For SATB choir and organ or piano, with optional soloists, congregation, and strings (string orchestra, string quintet, or string quartet) A reflective work for church or concert choirs at Passiontide. It sets the traditional Seven Last Words of Christ, well-known hymns, and other sacred texts to create a moving and dramatic work that re-presents this timeless story for a modern audience.
- The First Words
- Hymn: There is a green hill far away
- The Second Words
- The Third Words
- Hymn: When my love to God grows weak
- The Fourth Words
- Chorus: Drop, drop, slow tears
- Chorus/Hymn: Were you there?
- The Fifth Words
- Chorus and solo/semi-chorus: Ave verum corpus
- The Sixth Words
- God So Loved The World Composed by Arioso
- The Seventh Words
- Chorus: In the departure of the Lord
- Hymn: When I survey the Wondrous Cross