There are currently no items in your cart.
- Listen (1)
Score and Parts
Set of Parts
Whirlwind by David R. Gillingham. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Percussion 1 (bells, xylophone, vibraphone, crotales, crash cymbals), Percussion 2 (vibraphone, chimes), Percussion 3 (temple blocks, brake drum, suspended cymbal, crash cymbals, tam tam, bongos), Percussion 4 (4 toms, small bass drum, congas, hi hat, cra). Medium difficult. Score and parts. Duration 6:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.17710).
This driving, perpetual motion work for percussion ensemble is quite a departure for David Gillingham. Lightning fast interplay between the 8 players makes for a thrill ride that will leave you begging for more.
Whirlwind is based on motives derived from a mixture of the Lydian and Mixolydian modes using the lower pentachord of the Lydian scale and the upper quadrachord of the Mixolydian scale. The work is virtually perpetual motion driven by continuous 16th notes. The motion is interrupted a couple times within the course of the piece, but hints of the 16th note motion still remain. After the introduction ad the initial statement of the three motives, the piece continually alternates and develops the motives in a sort of Baroque Fortspinnung manner. The motion drives to a grand moment where Motive 2 is stated in a grandioso style at measure 174. A sweet reminiscence of Motive 3 follows and segues into a rousing coda.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music