What's Shakin', Shakespeare?
Unison choir - Grade 4-7
A Musical Celebration of Authors, Poets, and Reading. Composed by Mark Burrows. Classroom Music, Language Arts. Book and performance/accompaniment CD. Heritage Music Press #30/2416H. Published by Heritage Music Press (LO.30-2416H).
Item Number: LO.30-2416H
Grades 4-7 - Mark Burrows's passion for music, learning, and fun comes together brilliantly in his "Smarty Pants" collections. After exploring the visual arts in "Yo, Leonardo!" and the sciences in "Go, Galileo!" he turns his wit and style to literature in this collection of songs that are sure to become some of your favorites. With musical styles ranging from Dixieland to Broadway to salsa to rock 'n' roll, these selections are perfect for any performance need. Your classroom teachers and your principal are sure be big fans, too, as you introduce your students to famous lines from literary masterworks. A reproducible fact sheet introducing each author or genre is included, as are suggestions for correlating activities. Also included are reproducible vocal parts and a performance/accompaniment CD.
- The Wisdom and Wit (Mark Twain)
- Grimm Grooves (The Brothers Grimm)
- A Dark and Stormy Night (Edgar Allan Poe)
- Jabberwocky (Lewis Carroll)
- What's Shakin' Shakespeare (William Shakespeare)
- The Moral of the Story (Aesop)
- Reading Rocks
- Poetry Slam
- The Best of Times (Charles Dickens)
- Scheherazade (The Thousand and One Nights)