There are currently no items in your cart.
What a Mess by Gary Gazlay. For Band. Grade 2. Score and parts. Duration 1 minute 30 seconds. Published by Imagine Music (IG.CBS127).
The inspiration for the song WHAT A MESS came from my mother, Nan Gazlay. When we visited on the phone over the years she would use the phrase "what a mess” at least a half a dozen times during our conversations. I decided to write a piece based on the phrase "what a mess” for my band students with the purpose of providing them with a "fun” song to play. My students have always loved to perform WHAT A MESS. The song is a lot easier to play then it sounds and it provides them with an opportunity to let out some of their frustrations as they express themselves through their musical instruments. The challenges that I have observed with my students playing WHAT A MESS, is maintaining the tempo throughout the entire song and making sure that they mark their music if they need to take a breath. The tempo marking is a suggested starting point and directors can chose a faster tempo based on the abilities of their students. It is my hope that WHAT A MESS will provide students with a song that they will enjoy learning to play and provide other music educators with a teaching tool that can be used to motivate and encourage their students. WHAT A MESS is dedicated to my nephew Caleb Dorsey.
What a Mess
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
What a Mess
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.