Wes Montgomery - The Early Years
Guitar (all) - Intermediate-Advanced
Edited by Dan Bowden. Saddle-stitched, Transcribed Solos. Fantasy. Jazz. Book/CD Set. 68 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95315BCD).
Item Number: MB.95315BCD
ISBN 9780786629541. 8.5 x 11 inches. Transcribed by Dan Bowden.
The artistry exhibited by Wes Montgomery ultimately led to a redefinition of jazz guitar. These transcriptions from Wes' landmark early recorded work capture him in contrasting settings and roles as a sideman, leader and with various group configurations. All solos were carefully transcribed in notation and tablature from Wes' ori- ginal Riverside recordings. Selections include: Scrambled Eggs; Compulsion; Terrain; Ursula; Lolita; Tune Up; Says You; Delirium; and No Hard Feelings.
- Says You Performed by Sam Jones
- Ursula Performed by Harold Land
- Scrambled Eggs Performed by Sam Jones
- Terrain Performed by Harold Land
- Delirium Performed by Harold Land
- Tune Up Performed by Miles Davis
- Compulsion Performed by Harold Land
- Lolita Performed by Barry Harris
- No Hard Feelings