There are currently no items in your cart.
Weihnachtsresponsorien composed by Michael Haydn (1737-1806). Edited by Armin Kircher. This edition: Paperbound. German title: Weihnachtsresponsorien MH 639. Full score. 32 pages. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.5463900).
The Christmas responsories belong to a particular tradition of choral settings of responsoria which had developed since the middle ot the 16th century. The entirely homophonic style of composition make the words easily understandable. The forward flow of the words - Haydn did not repeat words - is intensified and accentuated by harmonic means. In contrast to hias Holy Week Responsories, which are indebted to the more ancient style of writing, his Weihnachts-Responsorein are in the concertante style with independent instrumental accompaniment to the voices, played by two violins and basso continuo.
- Hodie nobis coelorum, MH 639,1 - F-Dur/F major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Hodie nobis de caelo - F-Dur/F major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Quem vidistis, pastores, MH 639,3 - F-Dur/F major Performed by Michael Haydn
- O magnum mysterium - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Beata Dei Genitrix - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Sancta et immaculata Virginitas - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Beata viscera Mariae Virginis - G-Dur/G major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Verbum caro factum est, MH 639,8 - G-Dur/G major Performed by Michael Haydn
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Michael Haydn Sheet Music