There are currently no items in your cart.
Waves by Brian Balmages. For concert band. Concert Band. FJH Concert Band. Score only. Full set (score and parts) also available: B1348. Grade 3. Score only. Duration 4 minutes, 15 seconds. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.B1348S).
All aleatoric sections should be approached from an atmospheric standpoint. No single instrument should stand out, and all players should take their time with notated figures, being careful not to rush the musical flow. No two performers should play at
Waves was commissioned in honor of the retirement of Roger Wolfe, the director of bands at Rockdale County High School in Conyers, Georgia. The commission effort was spearheaded by his son and daughter, Brian and Stephanie, along with his wife Holly. It was made possible by the Rockdale County High School Band Boosters, family and friends. Waves is a symbolic, lyrical work that not only conjures images of the tranquility of the sea, but serves as a metaphor for the retirement of great teachers. Even though some of the most magnificent waves eventually roll onto shore, there will always be other waves that follow and continue the great miracle of nature. The legacy of great teachers will never be forgotten.
About FJH Concert Band
Designed for high school groups and upper-level middle school groups. Independence is encouraged, but many lines are cross-cued. Usually includes an expanded percussion section. Grades 3 - 3.5
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3
Series: FJH Concert Band