There are currently no items in your cart.
Wandering composed by Josh Gottry. Percussion Ensemble. For Marimba (4-mallet) (marimba (5-octave), *Also playable on a 4.3-octave marimba). Percussion Music. Medium. Solo part. Duration 4:15. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.15290).
A collection of continually changing arpeggiations and melodic ideas, Wandering is a delicate and beautiful work for solo marimba.
A collection of continually changing arpeggiations and melodic ideas, Wandering is a delicate and beautiful work for solo marimba. The opening section is set primarily in 7/16 time and uses varying phrase lengths and occasional meter changes to establish a comfortable yet unpredictably repetitive ostinato. Three primary ideas are presented and intertwined before a brief interruption by a more aggressive rhythmic chordal section. Quickly returning to the original material, the line works its way down to the bottom of the instrument then gradually ritards into a three-and-a-half octave arpeggio of an ambiguous dominant-function chord. A more relaxed and peaceful melodic section is now allowed to surface as a contrast to the perpetual ostinato. Still, several arpeggiated figures begin to emerge with increasing frequency before the melody eventually gives way to a reprise of the opening material. As before, the arpeggiations work their way to the bottom of the instrument and the piece slowly ritards before concluding softly on a low C.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music
Format: Solo Part