Piano piano - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Chopin Complete Works IX. Composed by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849). Edited by Ignace Jan Paderewski, Ludwik Bronarski, and Jozef Turczynski. Chopin Complete Works - IX Waltzes. Romantic Period. Collection. With standard notation, performance notes, facsimile examples and illustrations. 128 pages. Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne #410-41327. Published by Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne (PR.410413270).
Item Number: PR.410413270
ISBN 0934009112. 9x12 inches.
Chopin's waltzes caused controversies. They reached a peak of popularity and were treated by many as masterpieces, by others as gravitating towards drawing-room music. Along with the nocturnes and impromptus, they are regarded as part of a "female" trend in Chopin's output. The "Complete Works" is the best known and most popular series of editions of Fryderyk Chopin's works, prepared by Ignacy Jan Paderewski, Ludwik Bronarski and Jozef Turczynski. The aim of the editorial committee was as faithful a rendition of the composer's intention as possible by firmly basing the publication on manuscripts, copies approved by Chopin himself as well as the forst editions. The whole consists of 21 volumes.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 7-10.
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.
- Grande Valse Brillante in E flat major Op. 18
- Grande Valse Brillante in A flat major Op. 34 No. 1
- Grande Valse Brillante in A minor Op. 34 No. 2
- Grande Valse Brillante in F major Op. 34 No. 3
- Grande Valse in A flat major Op. 42
- Waltz in D flat major Op. 34 No. 1
- Waltz in C sharp minor Op. 64 No. 2
- Waltz in A flat major Op. 64 No. 3
- Waltz in A flat major Op. 69 No. 1
- Waltz in B minor Op. 69 No. 2
- Waltz in G flat major Op. 70 No. 1
- A flat major Op. 70 No. 2
- Waltz in D flat major Op. 70 No. 3
- Waltz In E Minor
- Waltz in E major
- Waltz in A Flat Major
- Waltz in E flat major