There are currently no items in your cart.
Vier Choralsatze by Paul Hindemith (1895-1963). For mixed choir (SABar). This edition: C 53442; Saddle-stitch. Choral Music. Schott Choral Music. Grade 3. Choral score. Text language: German. Composed 1912-1914. 12 pages. Published by Schott Music (SD.49018904).
ISBN 9790001168281. With Text language: German.
Singing, especially singing in small groups, is a valuable and even the most natural musical activity - that is what Paul Hindemith (1895-1963) firmly believed: 'Everybody has got a voice ... A choir is the least demanding and at the same time best educational tool.' And that is why singing had always been part of his teaching activities, be it while trying and practising musical-theoretical tasks, be it while rehearsing old and modern choral settings. No wonder that the composer had dealt with choral music all his life, addressing himself to all different kinds of vocal ensembles: to mixed choirs, male-voice and children's choirs, professional choirs and trained singers. He developed his a-cappella style during his training with Arnold Mendelssohn and Bernhard Sekles at the Hoch Conservatoire in Frankfurt. As a consequence, the sketch books from his student days also contain three-part vocal settings on cantus firmi. The sacred choral works presented here (1. Christus, der ist mein Leben, 2. Erhalt uns, Herr, bei deinem Wort, 3. Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, 4. Gott des Himmels) are not only interesting as compositional studies, but also as sonorous and catchy choral music which can be easily performed by any good church choir.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Mixed Choir Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score