Vic Juris and Corey Christiansen - Live at the Smithsonian
Live at the Smithsonian Jazz Cafe. Composed by Corey Christiansen and Vic Juris. Boxed, Concert/Documentary. Mel Bay Records. Jazz. DVD. Duration 147 minutes. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21372DVD).
Item Number: MB.21372DVD
5.25 x 7.5 inches.
Recorded in concert at the Smithsonian Jazz Cafe - November 11, 2005 Vic Juris and Corey Christiansen, two of the first guitarists on Mel Bay Records, joined bassist Bill Moring and drummer Tim Horner on this remarkable set of standards and originals. Awakening, Corey's first CD as well as the first release on Mel Bay Records, was hailed by jazz critics and radio programmers as an unusually impressive debut recording. Widely recognized as a brilliant musician and composer, Vic has worked with an extensive roster of jazz legends since the early 1970s. A Second Look, his first CD on Mel Bay Records, was released in April of 2005 to great critical acclaim. As senior editor for Mel Bay Publications, Corey was given the opportunity to produce Vic's CD. In the process, they discovered their musical styles compliment each other so well that it was only natural for them to record together. Live at the Smithsonian Jazz Cafe clearly demonstrates the wisdom of that decision.
- All The Things You Are Performed by Oscar Hammerstein & Jerome Kern
- Alone Together Performed by Howard Dietz & Arthur Schwartz
- Awakening Performed by Corey Christiansen
- Black Nile Performed by Wayne Shorter
- Floater Performed by Carla Bley
- For Shirley Performed by Vic Juris
- Kaiya's Dance Performed by Corey Christiansen
- Roads Performed by Corey Christiansen
- Softly As In A Morning Sunrise Performed by Oscar Hammerstein & Sigmund Romberg
- Stella By Starlight Performed by Ned Washington & Victor Young
- Sweet 16 Performed by Vic Juris