Vesperae Pro Festo Sancti Innocentium
SSA choir (with optional instrumental accompaniment) - Medium
Composed by Michael Haydn (1737-1806). Arranged by Martin Banner. Janet Galvan Women's Choral Series. Major Work, Advent, Christmas, Sacred. Roger Dean Publishing #45/1074R. Published by Roger Dean Publishing (LO.45-1074R).
Item Number: LO.45-1074R
Johann Michael Haydn (1737-1806), younger brother of Joseph Haydn and contemporary of Mozart in Salzburg, completed this work on December 8,1793.This extended Vesper service in seven movements for three-part women's choir, two horns and strings, represents a significant addition to the body of major works originally composed for treble voices. Haydn's setting of the Vespers was written for the Feast of the Holy Innocents, which occurs on December 28th, and commemorates the slaughter of the children in Bethlehem by King Herod. This modern performing edition is based upon the autograph score located in the library of the Museum Carolino Augusteum in Salzburg.
- Dixit Performed by Michael Haydn
- Confitebor Performed by Michael Haydn
- Beatus vir Performed by Michael Haydn
- De Profundis Performed by Michael Haydn
- Memento Domine David Performed by Michael Haydn
- Hymnus Performed by Michael Haydn
- Magnificat Performed by Michael Haydn