There are currently no items in your cart.
Variations on a Rococo Theme, Opus 33 composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893). Edited by Daniel Morganstern. For 2 cellos. Commentary and Preparatory Exercises. Score and set of parts. Published by International Music Company (IM.3600).
The present reconstruction represents the first time the 1793 cadenza sketches have been interpreted and assembled, although many scholars have recognized their existence. Among performers, only Steven Lubin and Robert Levin, to my knowledge, have taken notice of them, the former playing his own cadenza, as the 1809 Beethoven one "far exceeds the range of the piano used in the premiere", while the latter decided it was "more in keeping with the spirit of spontaneity" to improvise a cadenza than to reconstruct Beethoven's. But it is hoped that the present edition will not only fill a need but partially satisfy a curiosity, and at the very least, provide a stylistically plausible solution to a centuries-old enigma. Hopefully, too, Beethoven's exciting musical ideas, formed at a turning point in his life, will be aired for the first time. These are offered here in our own new transcription, so the reader can tell which they are. The editorial tempo changes attempt to suggest Beethoven's "distinctive" style of piano-playing. - Kenneth Cooper.
Variations on a Rococo Theme, Opus 33
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Variations on a Rococo Theme, Opus 33
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Cello Sheet Music
Genre: Rococo Sheet Music