There are currently no items in your cart.
Unfinished Quartet (Score). Composed by Dmitri Shostakovich (1906-1975). Edited by Roman Ledenyov. For Cello, Viola, Violin, String Quartet, Score. DSCH. 30 pages. Published by DSCH (HL.50486190).
ISBN 1423408810. 8.5x11.25 inches.
Being published for the first time, this composition was discovered in 2003 in Shostakovich's Archives by Olga Digonskaya and Olga Dombrovskaya. This work has been defined as one of Shostakovich's early attempts to write the Ninth Quartet, but for some reason, was never completed. The work was written between the end of August, 1961 and the third or fourth weeks of June, 1962.
The composition consists of two author's manuscripts. The first is an incomplete fair score of the first movement (a total of 225 bars) on 12 sheets (one empty) of 12-line piano score paper, paginated by the author on every page, 1 through 22, and with bar-by-bar indexing in indelible pencil. The author's manuscript is written in purple ink. In the upper margin of the first sheet, the composer wrote, “Quartet No. 9/I,” and in the upper right-hand corner, “'DShostakovich/op.113' Key Es-dur, tempo Allegretto.” The second author's manuscript includes a complete rough draft of the first movement on four similar sheets with incomplete pagination by the author, 1 through 6, written in the same ink, and a sketch of 16 bars on the back of the last sheet.
The Unfinished Quartet was first performed on 17 January, 2005 in the Grand Hall of the Moscow Conservatory by the Borodin Quartet.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich Sheet Music Dmitri Shostakovich Cello Sheet Music Dmitri Shostakovich Viola Sheet Music Dmitri Shostakovich Violin Sheet Music Dmitri Shostakovich String Quartet Sheet Music
Ensemble: String Quartet Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music