There are currently no items in your cart.
Understanding Guitar Chords composed by Bob Balsley. For Guitar (All). Saddle-stitched, Theory & Harmony. All Styles. Intermediate. Book. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.96932).
ISBN 9780786632657. All Styles. 8.5 x 11 inches.
There are many ways to play and categorize chords and many schemes for cataloguing them. This book focuses on understanding the ways that chords are made, enabling the student to figure out how to play a new chord in several different positions. This is not a technique book, but rather a step-by-step method of understanding guitar chord symbols and the musical sounds they represent. The author's goal in writing this book was to empower the reader with the ability to play from sheet music, jazz charts, or lead sheets, all of which is accomplished through chord and fretboard diagrams, standard notation and tablature, and plain English. This book is recommended for seasoned players who want to enrich their harmonic palettes as well as for beginners who need help in conquering the initially abstract quality of the guitar fretboard.
- Chapter Five Ð C Major Shapes
- Chapter Four Ð A Major Shapes
- Chapter One Ð The Tools for Understanding Chords
- Chapter Seven Ð Odds & Ends
- Chapter Six Ð D major Shapes
- Chapter Three Ð E major Shapes
- Chapter Two Ð Chord Names and Symbols
- Introduction, Understanding Chords
Understanding Guitar Chords
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Understanding Guitar Chords
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook