There are currently no items in your cart.
Una Limosnita por Amor de Dios composed by Nathan Daughtrey. Percussion Ensemble. For Marimba (4-mallet) (marimba (5-octave)). Medium. Duration 3:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.08800).
This tremolo etude places the soaring melody in the soprano voice and the persistent ostinato in the lower and middle voices.
Agustin Barrios Mangore (1885-1944) was one of the most successful and influential guitarist/composers of the first half of the twentieth century. His compositions range from simple etudes to wildly virtuosic multi-movement works. The majority of these works fall into one of three categories: folkloric, in which pieces were modeled after South American folksongs; imitative, in which composition styles and techniques were borrowed from the Baroque and Romantic periods; and religious, in which pieces were inspired by Barrios' own religious experiences and beliefs. As a performer, his virtuosic abilities have been compared to other composer/performers such as Niccolo Paganini. Barrios' final composition, Una Limosnita por Amor de Dios ("An Alm for the Love of God"), represents one of his religious works. The piece, subtitled "El Ultimo Tremolo," is a tremolo etude that places the soaring melody in the soprano voice and the persistent ostinato in the lower and middle voices. It is said that while Barrios was teaching a guitar lesson, a beggar came knocking at his door asking for money for food (thus the title of the piece). This knocking is emulated with the left hand ostinato throughout. The majority of the piece centers on the key of E Minor but moves into E Major toward the end. During the compositional process, Barrios knew his end was near. This shift in tonality symbolizes the acceptance of, and peace with, his death. After this final composition, Barrios spent his remaining days in tranquility, solace and meditation.
Una Limosnita por Amor de Dios
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Una Limosnita por Amor de Dios
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music