Ukulele Heaven - Songs from the Golden Age of the Ukulele
Ukulele (soprano) - Intermediate
Composed by Ian Whitcomb. Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. Early Music/Jazz & Dixie. Book/CD Set. 108 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98270BCD).
Item Number: MB.98270BCD
ISBN 9780786649518. Early Music/Jazz & Dixie. 9 x 11.75 inches.
A wonderful tribute to the ukulele and its leading advocates, past and present. Contains seventeen classics and eight new tunes as well as an in-depth historical essay illustrated with original sheet music covers. Classic selections include: Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula; Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go with Friday on Saturday Night?; All That I Ask of You Is Love; They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii; Sierra Sue; Any Time; Pasadena; Somebody Stole My Gal; Blue; and more. All tunes are shown with complete lyrics and chord diagrams. Includes a select discography of CD's featuring ukulele artists and a list of uke web sites.
Most of the songs heard in the feature film Stanley's Gig (2000) starring Faye Dunaway can be found in this book.
- Blue Performed by Music:Lou Handman Words:Grant Clarke & Edgar Lesli
- Sierra Sue Performed by Joseph B Carey
- Story Book Farm Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody Performed by Irving Berlin
- Mexicali Rose Performed by Music:Jack B Tenney Words:Helen Stone
- Someday Sweetheart Performed by John C Spikes & Benjamin Spikes
- Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go With Friday On Saturd Performed by George Meyer Lyrics:Sam M Lewis & Joe Young
- The Uke Is On The March Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- Ukulele Heaven Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- Who Wants A Bad Little Boy? Performed by Music:Joe Burke Words:Mark Fisher
- Twelve O'clock At Night Performed by Music:Lou Handman Words:Billy Rose & Herman Ruby
- All That I Ask Of You Is Love Performed by Music:Herbert Ingraham Words:Edgar Selden
- Goodbye, Old Boy Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- Yaaka Hula Hickey Ula Performed by E Ray Goetz, Joef Young & Pete Wendling
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher In Hawaii Performed by Music:Halsey K Mohr Words:Joe Goodwin
- Lone Pine Blues Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- Ukie's Tune Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- Moonlight Performed by Con Conrad
- Hi-Tiddly-Hi-Ti-Island Performed by Leslie Alleyn
- Moon Of Waikiki Performed by Al Bernard & Russell Robinson
- Somebody Stole My Gal Performed by Leo Wood
- Any Time Performed by Herbert 'Happy' Lawson
- Pasadena Performed by Music:Harry Warren Words:Clarke & Leslie
- Will I Feel Like A Fool (In The Morning) Performed by Ian Whitcomb
- Wurzel Fudge In London Performed by Ian Whitcomb