Twelve Classic Jazz Standards: B-flat/E-flat/Bass Clef Parts (Digitally Remastered 2 CD Set)
Any Bb/Eb/Bass clef instruments (trumpet, clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, and/or trombone)
By Bryan Shaw and The MMO All-Star Rhythm Section. Jazz and Play Along. Instrumental solo part and 2 performance / accompaniment CDs. 39 pages. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD7010).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD7010
ISBN 1596156929. 9x12 inches. Soloist: Bryan Shaw, trumpet; Ensemble: The MMO All-Star Rhythm Section.
These historic recordings of standards were made at Judson Hall in Manhattan in 1951 and feature, literally, legends in jazz. Beautiful renditions of some of the finest songs of the 20th century. These backgrounds feature accompaniments by such players as Nat Pierce and Don Abney (piano); Barry Galbraith and Jimmy Raney (guitar); Milt Hinton and Oscar Pettiford (bass); and Osie Johnson and Kenny Clarke (drums). Classic recordings featuring a stupendous collection of great songs including 'April in Paris,' 'The Man I Love,' and 'Embraceable You,' and many more. Includes sheet music for E-flat, B-flat and Bass Clef instruments. The pristine digital transfers of the original recordings put you right there with these jazz immortals! And we've included several of the up-tempo songs in slow-tempo accompaniment versions as well, to help you get up to speed.
Includes a high-quality printed solo part with parts for B-flat, E-flat and bass-clef instruments; and two compact discs featuring each piece performed with soloist, then again with accompaniments only, minus the soloist; and selected accompaniments in a slow-tempo "practice" version.
- Sometimes I'm Happy Composed by Vincent Youmans (m); Clifford Gray & Irving Caesar (l)
- I Only Have Eyes For You Composed by Harry Warren (m); Al Dubin (l)
- Body And Soul Composed by Johnny Green (m); Edward Heyman & Robert Sour; Frank Eyton (l)
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin (m); Ira Gershwin (l)
- What Is This Thing Called Love? Composed by Cole Porter (m&l) (arr. Odrich)
- April In Paris Composed by Vernon Duke (m); E. Y. "Yip" Harburg (l)
- Porgy and Bess: The Man I Love Composed by George Gershwin (m); Ira Gershwin (l)
- New Moon: Lover Come Back to Me Composed by Sigmund Romberg (m); Oscar Hammerstein II (l)
- Oh, Lady Be Good Composed by George Gershwin (m); Ira Gershwin (l)
- Poor Butterfly Composed by Raymond Hubbell (m); John. L. Golden (l)
- Embraceable You Composed by George Gershwin (m); Ira Gershwin (l)
- Three Little Words Composed by Bert Kalmer & Harry Ruby (m&l)