There are currently no items in your cart.
Tres Guitar Method composed by Nelson Gonzalez. For Tres. Saddle-stitched, Methods. Latin American. Multiple Levels. Book. 48 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99166).
ISBN 9780786673391. Latin American. 8.5 x 11 inches.
World-renowned tresero (tres player) Nelson Gonzalez explains tuning and playing of the Cuban tres guitar, offering tips for beginning to advanced players. As the instrument's name implies, the tres has three courses of double or triple strings and is used both as a lead and an accompaniment instrument. The author thoughtfully includes instructions for converting a normal 6-string guitar to a tres guitar, offering suggestions for appropriate string gauges.
This may be the first book of its kind published outside of Cuba. The method contains Latin folksongs arranged for the beginning tres player plus examples of repeated, often syncopated underlying vamps called montunos. The book also presents all principal chords and scale patterns plus notation fundamentals- all beautifully illustrated with clear photos, diagrams and explanations. Written in standard notation only.
Nelson Gonzalez is singularly qualified to write this book. Known in Latin music circles as the "Ambassador of the Cuban Tres Guitar", he has toured or recorded with a virtual Who's Who of Latin stars not to mention his own band, Son Mudano. His tres mastery is featured on dozens of recordings with such artists as Tito Puente, Gloria Estefan, Andy Garcia, Paul Simon, and Marc Anthony to name only a few.
- Chord Charts
- Guitar-Tres Conversion
- Key of A Minor
- Minor Keys
- Minor Scales
- Music Notation Fundamentals
- Playing Position
- Solos: "Son Mundano" CD
- Strings and Tuning
- The A and E Scales
- The Ab and Eb Scales
- The Bb Scale
- The C Major Scale
- The C String: C and D
- The D Scale
- The E String: E, F# and G
- The F Major Scale
- The G Major Scale
- The G String: G, A and B
- Thirds and Chords
- Tres Montunos
Tres Guitar Method
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tres Guitar Method
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Latin Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook