Transcriptions for Piano - Volume 1
Solo piano - Difficulty: difficult
Composed by Georges Cziffra (1921-1994). Piano Albums. Classical Period and 20th Century. Collection (cloth-bound). With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 159 pages. Cziffra Foundation #CF1. Published by Cziffra Foundation (PE.CF0001).
Item Number: PE.CF0001
Cziffra's transcriptions of -- Brahms: Hungarian Dances Nos.1-6,8-10,12-13, 16-17,19,21; Rimsky-Korsakov: Flight of the Bumblebee: J. Strauss: Tritsch-Tratsch Polka; Vecsey: La valse triste; La Fantasie Roumaine (original composition)
'My most important desire and wish was to one day give my experience with the piano over to each pianist, and future young performer. But I have never seen myself as a teacher in the general meaning of the word. Rather I have seen in myself someone who sheds light, one who directs with a small lamp those similar to himself. My intentions may appear presumptuous to some, but it is what I have found my calling to be.' - Gyorgy Cziffra.
- Danses hongroises (Hungarian Dances)Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21 Composed by Johannes Brahms
- La Cinquime danse hongroise (Fifth Hungarian Dance)Alternate arrangement Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Trish-trash Polka Composed by J. Strauss, Jr.
- La Fantaisie roumaine (Romanian Fantasy) Composed by G. Cziffra
- La Valse triste Composed by F. Vecsey
- Le Vol du bourdon (Flight of the Bumblebee) Composed by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov