Traditional Southern Italian Mandolin and Fiddle
Mandolin - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by John LaBarbera. Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. Italian play along. Book/CD Set. 92 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21488BCD).
Item Number: MB.21488BCD
ISBN 9780786677832. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
The first and foremost Italian mandolin book dedicated to the traditional music from Southern Italy. Written in standard notation and mandolin tablature with guitar and mandolin chord accompaniment, this book introduces the reader to the various authentic folk songs from the regions of Campagnia, Calabria, Puglia, Sicily and Sardinia. With detailed descriptions of the songs and dances, historical and technical information about tarantella and pizzica music, the book will increase the knowledge and repertoire of Italian folk music for both beginners and professional musicians alike.
The book provides an excellent foundation needed to play in the style of the music. With preparatory technical studies, the student will learn the Italian style of tremolo, picking, and rhythms that accentuate the music. Together with the accompanying CD, the student will be able to play along and follow the precise nuances that distinguish the music.
* The first and foremost Italian mandolin book dedicated to the traditional music from Southern Italy.
* Written in standard notation and mandolin tablature, with guitar and mandolin chords
* The reader will learn authentic folk songs, together with historical and technical information about tarantella and pizzica music
* For beginners and professional musicians who want to expand their repertoire of Italian folk music
* The first and foremost comprehensive mandolin book focusing on traditional Southern Italian folk music
* Teaches playing techniques and historical information about the mandolin, tarantella and Italian folk music
* An important asset for beginners to professional musicians interested in expanding their knowledge and repertoire of Italian folk music.