Traditional Southern Italian Mandolin and Fiddle
Mandolin - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by John La Barbera. Italian. E-book and online audio. 92 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications - Digital Sheet Music (M0.21488BCDEB).
Item Number: M0.21488BCDEB
The first and foremost Italian mandolin book dedicated to the traditional music from Southern Italy. Written in standard notation and mandolin tablature with guitar and mandolin chord accompaniment, this book introduces the reader to the various authentic folk songs from the regions of Campagnia, Calabria, Puglia, Sicily and Sardinia. With detailed descriptions of the songs and dances, historical and technical information about tarantella and pizzica music, the book will increase the knowledge and repertoire of Italian folk music for both beginners and professional musicians alike.
The book provides an excellent foundation needed to play in the style of the music. With preparatory technical studies, the student will learn the Italian style of tremolo, picking, and rhythms that accentuate the music. Together with the accompanying CD, the student will be able to play along and follow the precise nuances that distinguish the music.
* The first and foremost Italian mandolin book dedicated to the traditional music from Southern Italy.
* Written in standard notation and mandolin tablature, with guitar and mandolin chords
* The reader will learn authentic folk songs, together with historical and technical information about tarantella and pizzica music
* For beginners and professional musicians who want to expand their repertoire of Italian folk music
* The first and foremost comprehensive mandolin book focusing on traditional Southern Italian folk music
* Teaches playing techniques and historical information about the mandolin, tarantella and Italian folk music
* An important asset for beginners to professional musicians interested in expanding their knowledge and repertoire of Italian folk music.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).