Top 10 Jazz Standards
Piano - Late Intermediate
10 All-Time Favorite Jazz Hits. Arranged by Sharon Aaronson. Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Top 10 Series. Arranged for late intermediate pianists. Jazz and Standards. Songbook. With fingerings. 31 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.25904).
Item Number: AP.25904
ISBN 0739042394. 9x12 inches.
Top 10 Jazz Standards, arranged by Sharon Aaronson, includes 10 of the most popular songs of the 20th century. Some of the outstanding composers and lyricists whose music is featured in this collection include George and Ira Gershwin, Cole Porter and Johnny Mercer. Included are familiar songs from Broadway and the movies as well as popular songs of the day such as "Fascinating Rhythm," "Nice Work If You Can Get It," "That's All" and "Summer Wind." Aaronson's arrangements are rich, musically satisfying and remain true to the original scores. Perfect for teenage and adult students at the late intermediate level, piano teachers will want this collection for themselves as well.
- Anything Goes Composed by Porter
- A Day in the Fife of a Fool (Manha de Carnaval) Composed by Sigman/Bonfa
- Blues in the Night (My Mama Done Tol' Me) Composed by Mercer/Arlen
- Fascinatin Rhythm Composed by Gershwin/Gershwin
- Lullaby Of Broadway Composed by Dubin/Warren
- Nice Work If You Can Get It Composed by Gershwin/Gershwin
- Night and Day Composed by Porter
- Summer Wind Composed by Mercer/Bradtke/Mayer
- Take Five Composed by Paul Desmond
- That's All Composed by Haymes/Brandt